Saturday, November 3, 2012

HCW - Day 4

When I saw Jennifer using this super cute stamp with a chickadee I new I just had to buy it. And I really love it. It might not give a lot of variety but I still love it. So I made a few cards coloring with different techniques.


On the first card I used distress inks and Q-tips (since I didn't have any Sponge Daubers). I also didn't take the time to make masks, but I think it still turned out good. I used Broken China for the blue on the bird, Festive Berries for the ornament, Wild honey for the beak and feet, Shabby shutters for the foliage and vintage photo for the branch. Of course I had to ad some glitter to the ornament, and smeared some Diamond Stickles and rubbed it out. (unfortunately it doesn't really show i the picture)



For the second card I stayed with the colors the chickadee has in nature. I'm gonna send this to one of my friends that's a birdwatcher, and I'm not sure the creative coloring would work then. So I colored with Iced Spruce and Antique linen on the bird. But to make the card a bit more sparkly I embossed the sediment in gold. The branch and ornament was colored with ordinary markers from my stash (unfortunately I don't have many Copics).



The third card uses Sandy's coloring technique with coloring around the object. I used the few copic colors I have. More copics are def going on my Christmas list! I'm not super satisfied with the way the background color came out, but I do love the color on the bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment