Monday, November 11, 2013

Holiday Card Workshop 2013 - day 1

I loved all the previous holiday card classes so when I saw they were doing one this year as well I just had to sign up! So here are my cards for day 1:


I don't own any embossing folders, so I scored it on my scoring board. I added some glitter to make the lines pop a little bit more. The Santa is colored with ordinary markers (yes, copics are on my wish list from Santa), and I added some glossy accent and enamel to him as well.



I also stamped Santa in beige on the inside due to the class title. To make the card a little more interesting I placed the brown cardstock a bit off to the side. I think it gives it just a little more excitement than it would've being placed in the center.



My second card uses the negative space of the die cut. I'm in love with my new Snow set from PTI, and have a (un)healthy obsession with stamping snowflake cards, so here is another one. The cardstock was from an old stack and I tried to match it with the color i chose for the snowflakes. And with just a little glitter added I'm really happy with the outcome.

I'm really looking forward to the next day of the class!

6 comments:

  1. Really love your cards! Can't believe you scored the cardstock, really looks like its been embossed. Amazing! And love the way you coloured in the Santa. I would love some copics too but wouldn't know where to start with the shading etc. And I think you can never have too many snowflakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jut beautiful, so happy you have been inspired :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also don't have embossing folders (or a die cutter... *waiting patiently for christmas*) so I was thinking of doing the same thing by using the scoring board! Glad to know it worked out. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable...Great coloring and loving the class. The cards came out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job using scoring and coloring on your first card. I love how you added Santa inside too, great idea! Your snow card is gorgeous. Great example of how clean and simple can be so pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are great, but I'm with you on your snowflake obsession--LOVE that one! Colours, falling flakes, negative space--Yum!

    ReplyDelete